Tuesday, December 19, 2006

25 Churches Chiseled in Four days!!!


I've just completed a four day brick sculpting frenzy. Right in the middle of my busy season with the HGTV show shooting breathing down my neck, I had to complete four versions of the "Mythological Kitty" mentioned in my previous post. On top of the eight orders in for the holiday, I was commissioned to render twenty brick statues of St Paul's Church in Shelton, CT. So that they can raise funds for the church. That quickly jumped to twenty five ...I was able to cram the extra ones in to meet the Sunday, December 17th deadline. The bricks were sold at a morning after mass brunch and sold out within a couple of minutes. The sale was so successful that they ordered about ten more to be delivered before Christmas. I don't know if I will be able to handle the load before the holiday but we will see. I would like to get the previous orders in people's hands before Christmas comes around without burning myself out. I will be venturing into the New Year with a surplus of about ten "Urban Fossils" orders to be filled. That does not include a potential 20-30 more orders from St Paul's Church. In The New Year I will be offering a fundraising concept for churches and organizations that would enable to make multiple bricks available at a discount rate so that they can resell them for a profit. For now, I would just like to finish what I have on the table and ease my way into the New Year. I am anticipating a rush of orders in the upcoming months prior to the air date of the That's Clever Program. Another seven were ordered but due to a back log of Christmas orders, they were rendered and delivered the following weekend.

No comments: